Kilgore, Texas, located approximately 120 miles east of Dallas on I-20, is truly unique. It is a small town with characteristics of a larger community such as a high tech industrial base, an outstanding public school system, a community college, abundant recreational activities and extraordinary cultural events.
Recreational activities begin outdoors in East Texas with abundant lakes for champion bass fishing and campgrounds. On land, golfers enjoy a variety of challenging courses. And Kilgore is also home to The East Texas Oil Museum, the Rangerette Showcase Museum and the World's Richest Acre Park.
From the high-tech of manufacturing satellite systems to the annual Shakespeare Festival and original Shakespeare productions at Kilgore College, we give you plenty of reasons Kilgore is the place you can shine. It's just brighter here.
The top ten reasons to be in Kilgore, Texas?
10. Our business philosophy: KEDC shines bright with its outstanding location services.
9. The East Texas region is the "right corner" of Texas near convenient transportation routes.
8. Incentives exist for qualifying business in job training, financing and taxation.
7. Utility rates - regulated and reasonable.
6. Utilities - reliable.
5. Utilities - abundant.
4. Labor Force - trainable.
3. Labor Force - available.
2. Existing buildings and sites.
1. Synergy Park, strategically located mere minutes from Interstate 20 and U.S. 259, is a 672-acre business park that features a 10 acre lake and beautiful woodlands, complete with walking and jogging trails. Adjacent to the Union Pacific rail line, it provides the ideal site for your business to shine bright in Kilgore, Texas.